[pp.int.general] PPI board meeting minutes and some updates about the conference.

HerNenya isabel.fdez at mundo-r.com
Sat Mar 3 03:09:01 CET 2012

I do apologize since last message was my first mail to this list. I'm
not used to deal w/ digests.

I repeat the message for better reading.

Best Regards to all,

Isabel Fernandez.
be understood in the name of PP-GAL party and not from the sender who
forwards this message.

Since there were direct references to PP-GAL in this list and the way we
organize ourselves in Spain, we consider it is important to be heard in
our oppinion before of the rest of pirates parties of the world.

First of all, we would like to say we are 2 months old as a political
party in Spain and our foundation is based on the structure of Spain as
a country formed by autonomies as such established in the Spanish
Constitution Act [1] in article #148 in order to organize ourselves in
the Spaniard territory. Moreover we have our own idiosyncrasy as
language and culture quite different from other spaniard territories.
Therefore we are an approved political party by the competent Ministry
with same rights and duties as PP-ES and PP-CAT.

As Kenneth from PP-CAT said in other previous message, we are
encouraging a confederation at country level to organize common tasks
that affect us as a nation such the cases of #megacomplaint and
#opColapso (fighting against Sinde-Wert law [2]) that we are supporting
PP-ES, PP-CAT and PP-GAL. Last week we have created a mailing list
called pirata-34 to discuss those affairs.

Regarding the subject about who can vote as a country or by the amount
of pirate members, we consider system of countries is not fair precisely
because of proportion of the population densities and pirates members. A
possible fair solution (as a suggestion) to this matter could be that
depending on the number of members from each pirate party, each party
will provide a proportional amount of the contingency fund of PPI, as
well, each party would have the proportional weight in PPI decisions.

Refering to mentions about how to organize internally the different
pirate parties in Spain, we considered that this mailing list is not the
appropiate place to discuss about it, so we are not going to declare
anything here.

[1] http://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/IDIOMAS/9/Espana/LeyFundamental/index.htm
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_Sinde

Public Relations Team of PP-GAL.