[pp.int.general] About the situation in Spain

Choms choms at botmania.net
Fri Mar 23 15:14:54 CET 2012

This is a short report about the situation on PP-ES:
Our CoA have been "voting" a resolution about the former board and several
infractions they did for four weeks. Those infractions include that the
former secretary and the former CTO kidnapped the former treasurer mail
account, the party's paypal account and even deleted all secretary account
emails, which were proof of an illegal drop of aprox 450 affiliates.

Now all our CoA have been resigned, and there are new illegal CoA elections
who break 3 entire articles of our statutes (art. 19.c, 13.c, and 20.b).
The former secretary who is charged of all I've mentioned above is
postulated as CoA president. One of our affiliated just disputed this
election based on above articles plus 7.4 and 8.2, and solicited the
convocation of a new extraordinary assembly of the party.

Have been raised a motion of censure against Daniel Riaño, actual president
of Madrid territorial (and member of the party's board) because several
"strong language" against other members of the party, members of the Madrid
board and members and work of the CoA. After that, he even showed power
abuse on the last Madrid assembly, using him status as president to take
back some decisions he didn't wanted, using a law that himself broke when
he got the charge (Administrative Procedure Act, which doesn't allow to set
board members at show of hands which is the way he get the charge with 7 in
favor and 4 against it, of 60's Madrid's members). After that he even
refused on an aggressive manner to end the assembly just to say "I am the
president and nothing gets up until I tell" (I've tried to be as accurate
as possible on the translation) in front of 6 people.

For this motion of censure the party is using a tool made by the former CTO
who helped the former secretary on all (and more things) I've mentioned on
first point. This tool have a little inconvenient, for it's creator and
some members of the party nothing important, that is that any administrator
can vote as any affiliate, all ballots are served on plain text via
administrator's interface. IMHO this is a serious security issue, any admin
can vote as any affiliate and there is no way to check what voted who
(obviously), and even change the ballots order to get people voting one
option while they think they are voting another. The creator of this tool,
who refuses to fix the bug, justified telling me that "you can also change
the results on the DB, it's more easy". Several admins are implicated
directly on what is voting. It's planned to use this tool to vote the new
CoA.

Actual secretary, against my advice, deleted several proofs of Data
Protection Act violation, in response to that I told him that was negligent
(concretely I told him that he was crazy for deleting that), and now he
used that email to justify my expulsion as actual CTO of PP-ES, removing my
access and making it impossible to retrieve any data or proof of law
violation, data which I was giving to the (now former) CoA (always
respecting all points included on Spanish Data Protection Act) to allow
them to investigate all irregularities and penal illegalities.

This is, broadly, the situation of PP-ES, it can be defined (from an
affiliate point of view) as impotence and frustration in face of the
situation.

Best Regards,
Choms.