[pp.int.general] Don't roast our planet

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu May 17 06:22:50 CEST 2012

    When the dinosaurs ruled the earth, it was much hotter than it is now.

    Climates Change. Its what they do.

That is a fact.  And so?  It leads to no conclusion.

If I try to fill in the rest of your elliptical argument, perhaps you
are arguing for an attitude of passivity on the climate issue.
"Things change, why oppose anything?  Why not just accept all
changes?"

We are not passive towards the issue of copyright law.  We did not
respond to SOPA by saying "Laws change, that's what they do."
We responded by opposition.  Do you disagree with that too?

Or do you believe we should oppose bad copyright laws
but passively accept global heating?

If you make your position clear, we can see if it is valid.

    Humans may not survive, but the earth will be fine.

The Earth will still be here, and life will probably continue, but the
mass extinction we are causing is expected to wipe out at least 2/3 of
all living species.  Hundreds of millions of humans will be killed or
driven out of their homes.

Are you saying that is "fine"?

--
Dr Richard Stallman