[pp.int.general] Don't roast our planet

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun May 20 20:24:08 CEST 2012

    This could actually be true, I kind of share the point of view that
    reducing emissions and saving energy is always a good thing even if we
    don't know for sure if it's all about CO2. The thing I wonder a bit
    about is that seemingly no one cares or talks about methane (CH4).

I see articles about methane as a greenhouse gas.  In fact, the Arctic
Ocean is emitting methane now, perhaps due to the heating of the
Arctic.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=77868&src=eorss-iotd

However, from what I've read, the total contribution of CO2 today
is considerably larger than that of methane today.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation