[pp.int.general] A Pirate Position on First past the post vs representative voting

Justus Römeth squig at dfpx.de
Tue May 22 16:42:01 CEST 2012

Again, In order to stay believable we really need to show that we do not
promote it because it (also) is in our interest, but because we genuinely
think it is better. I do not disagree with your position here (even though
there are failsafes like election treshholds and a direct and a list vote
for the voters that migitate some of the problems you listed), I just think
that we need to be very conscious on how we comunicate our position to the
voter, and how we make sure that we do not change our position just because
it suits our movement better (because that is exactly the kind of politics
we do not want to do).