[pp.int.general] Marc Goodman: A vision of crimes in the future

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Sun Oct 28 20:38:23 CET 2012

Yes, I was aware that the implication of probably walking into a
self-surveilling society exists, which is why I did not wrote that I
think that it is a good approach, but just one to consider.

There are different possible interpretations of the arguments given in
the presentation:

1. that this is mostly fear mongering with no real basis for an
increase, but in contrast there are indications for...
1a. a stable situation OR
1b. a situation with decreasing rates
OR
2. that this has some real basis and..
2a. that there is no need for intervention whatsoever (probably an
extreme libertarian view) OR
2b. that the current systems does scale well as it is (so there is no
need for a paradigm shift) OR
2c. that there is some need for a paradigm shift

If one thinks 2c may hold true, it would be necessary to come up with
a suggestion (which can be different from the suggestion in the video
of course).

-pat