[pp.int.general] what are the minimum true core Pirates principles? -Attempt to get a workable consensus-

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:39:49 CEST 2012

Oh, the beauty of it! Both you and Andy swallowed a few highly simplified dogmatic affirmations.

> As an example: we can't choose between state owned schools and private
> schools funded by the state. We just know that anyone has right to a
> high-quality education for free. This is consistent with the behaviour
> of neither left nor right and our points of access to culture, knowledge
> and defense of human rights.

- "We just know that anyone has right to a high-quality education for free."

I'm afraid it can not be stated in such a simple way. Any and everyone should have the opportunity to obtain the best education he can get.
Who should provide that opportunity, why, and at what cost, is for society at large to decide. Based on merits and on availability of means. Also based on expected return on effort invested. Of course, this should be no problem if resources were not scarce, but it will be a long road until we are there and we have to cope with the interim also.

But I'm sure Kenneth is so convinced of the absolute truth of his affirmation that after paying the rent and filling the fridge for the month he donates all of the rest of his income to some charitable educational institution. It would make him so utterly consistent with our beliefs I hardly can imagine him doing otherwise.

Maybe he cares to tell us if I am right and we are to praise him for his magnanimity and wisdom?

If he has failed to comply with our highest expectations, then maybe we could open a discussion and finally have a poll on what he should best do with his income for humanity's sake?

Ok, I'll admit, I'm just having a bit of serious fun here, he is a nice guy.

Antonio.
PP-ES

      that keeps on studing the implications of the defense of pirate
      ideology.

      As an example: we can't choose between state owned schools and
      private schools funded by the state. We just know that anyone has
      right to a high-quality education for free. This is consistent
      with the behaviour of neither left nor right and our points of
      access to culture, knowledge and defense of human rights.

      Whenever we doubt about the interpretation of anything related to
      ideology we open a discussion and afterwards we open a poll open
      to every PP-CAT member.

      Regards!

      Kenneth

 If I put that in motion I analyse:The pirates available (not all!) are every time on the spot the ideology themselves, a bit like the inquisition.
How does one get people in a political party when the ideology is not CLEARLY defined?  Not all voters are believers like us early pirates ! That way one guarantees to stay a marginal political party. Again do we want that ?
-Anouk-

      Al 24/09/12 16:50, En/na Anouk Neeteson ha escrit:

      On 24 September 2012 16:40, Kenneth
        Peiruza <kenneth at pirata.cat>
        wrote:

              2nd law - Defense of pirate ideology

        That is precisely why I try to have it defined (and
          possible agreed on)
        Now you throw it back into the "undefined"
        As I call it, is the pirate party not a bit "spiritual"
          here?

        Or is that the intent to keep these principles vague ?
           That could be a valid strategy but on the long run we fool
          ourselves because how can I defend myself when (theoretically)
          being accused of being against the ideology.

        That is Kafkaesque if I am not mistaking.  Plus even worse
          it is a form of totalitarianism  .
        Is that the pirate future ?

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net

Pirate Parties International - General Talk

pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net