[pp.int.general] Italian Pirate Party - Scandal

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:06:24 CEST 2012

The possible problems concerning the actual governance model of the Pirate Party of Italy... could and have been completely anticipated, and reality is confirming the hypotheses.

I find it extremely funny that Muriel has the guts to come out lecturing about what she understands well and what everybody should do to solve this case, considering all the trouble Pirates de Catalunya has caused and is still causing in the PPI, using blackmail to the PPI GA 2012 and ridiculing its Court of Arbitration to the point it has had to resign in full so as to avoid the PPI being put on trial before ordinary courts of justice over the results of the Prague GA.

The fact that Catalan Pirates are much liked among the populist oriented pirate parties, and less among the serious ones might start a serious Civil War in Pirate Universe.

Issues pending at this Court of Arbitration that will resume as soon as it is reconstituted will inevitably lead to them being kicked out of PPI full membership at least, as their admission was in breach of present Statutes, no reward for blackmail can ever be accepted by true Pirates, and the resolution of the CoA that judged questionably about the meaning of the word "Country" in the Statutes of PPI to grant Spain an unasked for second Gibraltar in Catalonia, and fraudulently rephrased one of the articles of the Statutes to grant the General Assembly more discretionary decision power on the admittance of new members than she really has (sidetracking for the Catalonian Pirate Party provisions in the Statutes that were strictly observed to reject the application of other Pirate Parties), will be declared void.

I have no clue, yet, about what happened in the Serbian Pirate Party, but I certainly am not admitting a mere "case solved, walk around, nothing to see here" issued by one of the involved parts as enough to consider it solved. I'll consider evidence presented before a court... by both sides.

Amateurish proceeding and excessive leniency and self-indulgence on behalf of the delegates of too many Pirate Parties caused the PPI unavoidable troubles during the GA of 2012, building on similar mischief in previous ones, and is having now and will have future consequences the behaviour of some on the board is only stalling.

Our proven inability to agree on how to proceed with PPEU is a result of the previously existing mess that will have to be sorted out thoroughly as soon as possible... if we do not want troubles to accumulate, only to burst into severe inconveniences at the most inappropriate of moments.

My 2 cents, highly appreciated by some, and hated by others, but mine by birthright ;) .

Antonio.
PP-ES