[pp.int.general] [pp-leaders.discussion] Pirate Party of Canada and PPI

Daniel Riaño danielrr2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 23:27:47 CEST 2013

I think PPI is a good idea.
It doesn't need to be a party above all the national parties. Rather, it
*shouldn't* be a party above national PP parties, at least now and for the
coming years.
It doesn't need to prove it is really international by scheduling meetings
in the most exotic places above the Earth. That's fine for the fortunate
ones with time and resources enough to roam the four corners of the Planet
at their ease (I wish I could be one of them, I am ready to admit), but
this may not be the best idea from a practical point of view.
It doesn't need to be kick-started by putting in question basic
international law well stabilised definitions like what a country is, but,
well, who am I to suggest that.

Our planet is finally going truly global and we pirates are the voice (one
of them , admitted) of the generations that is finally global. There's
going to be a surge of "international" parties of every persuasion in the
coming years and we need to build our own voice and place in the world by
being able to build one of the first international parties (slowly, step by
step) to promote help and solidarity among pirates anywhere. There's going
to be a lot of quests for help, I'm afraid, from pirates im most countries
and we need to build a web of support and project to the world such
commitment. We need to prove we are here to stay as a new voice all over
the world.

So why a party and not just an international pirate NGO? Well, I think we
need to act politically. For that we need a party (even if in the
foreseeable future the PPI is going to look and act more like a NGO than a
party.)

Just a few toughts, with my best wishes for the pirates in Kazan, damn how
much I'd like to be there.

Daniel