[pp.int.general] [pp-leaders.discussion] Pirate Party of Canada and PPI

Tom Behets behets at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 04:21:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

I personally think PPI is not needed for the moment.
Pirate party would not vanish when PPI failed. Pirate parties are working together, even without PPI.

I just joined the pirate party since september, and I only heard negative about this entity.
I tried to look for positive aspects, and the only thing I could find is piratetimes. Something that I am even not sure if this is a real PPI achievement or not.

Anyhow, for me, the PPI should just be an entity that makes logistical stuff easier, no more then that.
PPI's goal shouldn't be to get better results in country X, that's what the local PP should do.
And if a local PP wouldn't make it without, they are not ready.

Can someone explain me:
- what the goals are of PPI
- what the achievements of PPI are

And lastly, can someone explain me how it comes that the Catalanian party is a member of PPI, and not just a crew of Spain?
In the Belgian pirate party, we can start are own squad or crew without any geological constraints. Will i be treated the same as the Catalonians?
I heard a lot of complaints in my short PP live, too much to be honest.
And still, this important fact seems to get ignored.

My personal opinion about PPI is to just ignore it. Keep on working together between national parties, and let PPI fade away.
Let it become obsolete.

If they are important, let them prove they are.
Anyhow, only have 5'ish countries vote for the whole PP movement is not helping their negative image...

A fresh, but already frustrated pirate.
Tom Behets