[pp.int.general] Official Results from Kazan?

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 22:58:47 CEST 2013

On 4/23/2013 3:59 PM, Zbigniew Łukasiak wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Andrew Norton <ktetch at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thomas, perhaps if you put your animosity to one side (please, for once?
>> I know you hate me, but let's try being CONSTRUCTIVE), and please
>> re-read my original email, you might understand what I was asking for.
>> If not, I'll try and make myself clearer.
>>
>> I was NOT asking for detailed minutes.
>>
>> What I was asking for was a brief summery of the various votes.
>>
>> "statues were voted in as a block" The block was SAPx, n, y, and z. For
>> was "...", Against "..." and "..." abstained
>>
>> the same with the other elections.
>>
>> This, if nothing else, clarifies the positions of the parties, and helps
>> identify any mis-recorded votes, or faithless electors. As such, the
>> sooner this went out, the better, so that any issues that may arise can
>> be addressed as quickly as possible.
>>
>> I'd have done it myself, except it's not clear from the video, or the
>> minutes sometimes who voted for what. And at least one vote (the court)
>> has no results listed at all (in the 'results' it just lists a copy of
>> the candidates). The lay auditors have no votes listed, and the
>> membership application votes are not clear.
>>
>> Hence the questions.
>>
>> I'm sorry if this seems like an unreasonable request to you, but it just
>> seemed like common sense and basic practice to me.
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Andrew - yeah this is horrible.
>
> Actually yes I agree that it is - but I have not seen any good result
> of your emails - the other side just gets defensive and nobody has any
> motivation to do anything.  Have you ever wondered what are the
> effective ways to influence people?  Especially when you are not a
> general to give orders or a manager or whoever - but just another guy
> in a volunteer organization.

I have to say, I didn't realize it would be such a big/contentious issue
for some. I thought that an announcement of the results should have been
done on the day, as part of the wrap-up.

Meanwhile, I also have a habit of clear, direct speech here. I hope that
it makes it easier for those that have to translate my words, for them
to be as unambiguous as possible. Secondly, I have no hidden agendas I
need to clothe in duplicitous or flowery language. What I say is what I
mean, an aspect of my personality that has unsettled politicians in the
past, and an attitude I hope would be a core Pirate Party value.
Finally, having to request a basic, elementary thing like the results of
voting days after shocks and, frankly, disgusts me somewhat. It's not
like I was asking for a list of delegates (which is too secret to share
with other delegates), or a transcript of the conference. just a record
of the votes.

I have to say I didn't expect it to upset or anger people as it clearly
did Thomas.

Andrew

- --
Andrew Norton