[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Francisco George francisco.george at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 07:44:11 CEST 2013

Yes they will vote it, the Swiss Direct Democracy system requires 100.000
signatures to take a citizen initiative to referendum. The basic income
would be of

"The Swiss will vote on the principle of a basic allowance, called
"unconditional basic income" (RBI) of *2500 Swiss francs (CHF) per month
(2,080 euros) for all*, without condition or consideration, as an
initiative People who gathered the 100,000 signatures required for this
purpose. The project also provides a pension of *1 000 CHF per child 7 000
CHF (5,800 euros) per month for a family with two children*."

http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.france24.com%2Ffr%2F20130526-suisses-rente-revenu-base-inconditionnel-rbi-francs-euros-vote-initiative-populaire-referendum

Personnaly I think the amounts are way too high. But this is how Direct
Democracy works in CH, ask for the maximum as now the proposal, once
certified as Referendum, will be negociated betweeen the State and the
Citizens and the amount might be reduced.

Switzerland is using Direct Democracy since mid 19th Century. They lately
voted by Popular Referendum on limitation of high salararies in
Enterprises(accepted) and raise of VTA(accepted)