[pp.int.general] Separation of Powers as a minimum PP requirement

Rafa Couto rafacouto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 20:36:01 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Anouk <jakobsheep at gmail.com> wrote:

> And creating an obligation how a pirate party should be organised for PPI
> membership is (also) not a pirate principle (dictating others), not ?

Preconditions are not imposed/dictated: anyone can choose participate or do
not. Furthermore, preconditions must be voted by all.

Basic obligations (read common stuff) is the glue that joins the group. In
this case, separation of powers, direct democracy or something completely
far away from the concentration of power is a pirate principle, IMHO.

The statutes we have voted recently in the Pirate Confederation in Spain
includes a related precondition/obligation for membershipping: "The party
must be governed by  assembly regime.". It seems a great idea to avoid
"presidential" or unfair leaderships and to promote empowerment.

Regards,
Rafa

--
Rafa Couto