[pp.int.general] freedom fight movie

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 07:31:12 CET 2013

On 12/23/2013 10:18 AM, Jelena Jovanovic wrote:
> This torrent is dedicated to a new breed of freedom fighters. Like
> Barret Brown, Chelsea #Manning
> <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/manning>, Jeremy Hammond,

Please, for the love of anything we might find sacred, holy, or
otherwise worthwhile, can we stop nicluding Hammond in lists of 'freedom
fighters'.

In case some of you had forgotten, Hammond was around the Pirates in 06.
He then went to jail, because he decided to attack a political group he
didn't like very much, and steal 5000 credit card numbers. He got
caught, and went to jail for 2 years.

When he came out, he hung around with Pirates again. He then decided to
try and subvert the USPP internal elections. This is not in doubt,
BECAUSE HE BOASTED OF IT ON THIS VERY LIST. He thought it a bit of fun,
then tried to claim the very guy he wanted to win, had 'authorised him'
to do the hacking. Pretty strange bit of 'justification' and democratic
principles there.

Perhaps you weren't in the US Pirate IRC when he burst in after gotten
out of jail for mob action in Chicago, where he decided to torch some
things in one of their main plazas, to celebrate Chicago not getting the
olympics, quote "I don't give a fuck about the law". Perhaps you missed
the bit about him stalking and following some guys, so he and some
friends could burst in on them in a restaurant and wreck the place.

Is this really sounding like a 'freedom fighter' to you guys?

Or of course, what many of you consider a 'freedom fighter action'
against StratFor. GReat. How many of you have read all the emails? How
many have realised they were writing reports based on the news, and were
nothing more than private investigators with a big PR department, and
not a well regarded one either. And don't forget the fun bit - the
thousands of credit card numbers stolen, and used to charge hundreds of
thousands of dollars to. Then remember him smirking when one of these
people was pizza-bombed, and how Hammond smirked in court.

Or remember one of Hammond's common mantra's - "snitches get stitches" -
isn't a whistleblower a snitch, just from the other side?

The week of his sentencing, I spoke with one of his lawyers (I bet
no-one else has) and despite all his claims of innocence, I also know
there was no truth to them. I know because i know him. I know that if
there were, it wouldn't be that hard to prove, or at least to prevent
proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

He is no poster boy, just a sadistic arrogant little boy, with ambitions
beyond his abilities. Based on the number of points he racked up for
sentencing I was expecting at least 8, and I can bet that the attitude
in court pushed it to 10 if it wasn't already.

But if you want to bring us to ridicule, keep making him out to be
something he's not. Something quite different from what it can be easily
proven he is. Then you'll just be making yourselves out to be fools,
easily taken in by a mouthy sociopath. Expect a lot more to come out
about him (I know Ars' Nate Anderson is doing a book on this - I've sent
him some logs of my interactions as we've talked over the last 6 months.

Be ignorant, be foolish all you want. But do so in your own name, don't
drag me and everyone else down by trying to make that guttersnipe seem
hard done by, especially with all the harm he's done our cause
politically. The enemy of my enemy is not my friend. Hammond was never a
friend of the Pirates, we were just a means for him to try and get more
followers. And if you think otherwise, then you never met Hammond, or
are too busy lying to yourself to be objective.

TL;DR
Hammond is not a hero, never was, and any attempt to portray him as such
will only ever backfire on us.

Andrew