[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

illunatic at greenpirate.org illunatic at greenpirate.org
Mon Feb 18 21:22:12 CET 2013

Is this the correct place for Pirate Party International discussion?
It stirs doubt in the party to find that a strategy for how the party
distributes its own content has not been established among Pirate
Parties by now.

Really? You expect us to follow and support your call for copyright
and patent reform while you can't even decide among yourselves how
content should be handle. At least you're talking about it now. That's
a good start. Dropping the petty name calling and such would be a
better start towards being taken seriously in my opinion. At least get
over that nonsense as a favor to me because it's difficult to type
with my palm to firmly pasted to my face.

Since Pirate Parties are still struggling to produce a sound strategy
for their own content distribution, the task at hand is to determine
whether PPI wishes to continue to support Richard Stallman's message,
which includes his preferred media criteria as part of the message.

Richard's preferred media criteria is part of the message.

Richard's preferred media criteria is part of the message.

Richard's preferred media criteria is part of the message.

Now some things that are still unclear as of yet:
Who is responsible for distributing Dr. Stallman's video while
representing PPI?

Has PPI officially chosen to disregard the personal understanding that
was made clear between PPI and Richard Stallman or was this the act of
a rogue individual?

If it is a party decision, is PPI prepared now to announce clearly
that they do not support Richard Stallman's message?

Does PPI officially support and wish to promote Richard Stallman's message?