[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Feb 21 22:01:08 CET 2013

McCrea is attacking straw men again.

    We have nothing to gain, and a lot to lose by limiting our message
    to people who already know about us. It's actually highly elitist
    to think that only people who jump through the hoops that we lay
    out for them are worthy of hearing our message.

Nobody here said anything like that.  Nobody suggested that we should
limit who can see our message, and nobody said that anyone is "not
worthy" of it.

    The people who think that all flavours of [GNU/Linux]

He said "Linux", but he must mean the GNU/Linux system, since Linux
itself has no user interfaces.  He's talking about my work and giving
the credit to another.  See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

This error is widespread, so perhaps he said it from simple habit
and didn't mean anything by it.

							  should be
    difficult and not n00b friendly are a great example of this.

Does anyone here believe that?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation