[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

Travis McCrea me at travismccrea.com
Sun Feb 24 00:54:42 CET 2013

Let's just remember that the agreement wasn't made between "all pirates" it was made between /a pirate party/ and Richard Stallman. If Pirate Parties  International or the Pirate Party of Canada made the agreement, I would not interfere. I, nor any group I represent, has signed an agreement with Richard Stallman and it's not reasonable to think that I have to uphold agreements that are morally unjust just because some other Pirate Party want's to do it.

This isn't a reflection of the Pirate Party as a whole, each Pirate Party is upholding it's own agreements that it makes with it's own contacts. If the Pirate Party of Canada made an agreement with the MPAA that we will not speak out against their actions as long as they promise to promote our party (something we wouldn't do, but an example). It would be silly for the MPAA to think that the agreement would apply to all Pirate Parties and I wouldn't think that other Pirate Parties wouldn't speak out against the MPAA just because the Pirate Party of Canada made that agreement.

We are all individual parties, there is nothing in the PPI mandate which says member parties have to uphold the actions of the other members. So again, I am not promoting anything illegal or unethical. I am also /not/ acting on behalf of any party or organization and my words are purely my own.

Travis McCrea
Pirate Party of Canada
The Ultimate Ebook Library
Kopimist Church of Idaho

Phone: 1(206)552-8728 US Call/Text
IRC: irc.freenode.net, irc.pirateirc.net (TeamColtra or TravisMcCrea)
Web: travismccrea.com
IM: teamcoltra at 451.im (jabber) teamcoltra (AIM)