[pp.int.general] 'Liquid Democrazy': Pirate Party Sinks amid Chaos and Bickering

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 09:11:16 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Francisco George
<francisco.george at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let us face the truth...we are all affected by the same virus!
>

> https://twitter.com/SalernoMax/statuses/305344760963543040
>
> http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-pirate-party-sinks-amid-chaos-and-bickering-a-884533.html

It is kind of awkward to publicly discuss the German Pirate Party -
but I actually also wanted to post this link - it is a very important
thing.

My comments:

1. We are all perhaps too much amateur - maybe we should read a bit
more about theory of politics, study etc., maybe growing too fast
deprives us the training that we get with a slower growth.

2. Maybe we are really trying something impossible by fighting the
'iron law of oligarchy':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy - maybe we should
accept it as a reality, analyze it and try to make it a smaller effect
it instead of trying to have politics completely democratic.

3. The German Pirate Party had a huge success - so a little retraction
is only a healthy sign.

4. Finally I always had the feeling that the PPDE was kind of too populist.

Cheers,
Zbigniew

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak