[pp.int.general] 'Liquid Democrazy': Pirate Party Sinks amid Chaos and Bickering

Francisco George francisco.george at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:19:56 CET 2013

Bonsoir Frédéric,

This you are talking about has already be done

It is called LOOMIO and has been build around the world thanks to OWS
movement in New Zealand

Right now it is is Prebeta

One thing I already love is that there is 4 options of voting a proposal,
instead of the Classic YES or NO, Y/N/A/B A is for Abs B for Block

>From what I have seen the system can be used as a global system splitted in
countries an then in regional, local entities.

Instead of trying to build up something from zero, once again, to satisfy
our ego...avoid loosing time and join the works that is already in progress
to make it it the best. We are all volunteers and have little time for most
of us, so lets optimize it at the maximum.

You can find an article about LOOMIO here
http://techpresident.com/news/wegov/23517/can-social-software-change-world-loomio-just-might

The LOOMIO Web https://www.loomio.org/

LOOMIO FB http://www.facebook.com/LoomioProject?group_id=265410520258976

LOOMIO Github https://github.com/enspiral/loomio

Best regards

Francisco

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:49:57 +0100
From: Fr?d?ric JOUVIN <frederic.jouvin at gmail.com>
To: Pirate Parties International -- General Talk
        <pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net>
Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] 'Liquid Democrazy': Pirate Party Sinks
        amid    Chaos and Bickering

Hello Eduardo.

Thank you very much for your vision and your analysis.
I fully agree with you.

Would it be possible to get in touch directly through skype or phone ?

I'd like to talk to you about an experimental political project I am trying
to launch with other brothers from pirate parties, anons & friends :

- Create an international Think Tank about the matters you started
developping : The goal would be to explore, invent, synthesize, as far as
possible, new paths and implementations of "Liquid Democracy" concepts for
Large scale audiences. Both a technical, philosophical and political
discussion.

- Use the think tank's work and conclusions to build the most advanced
"request for proposal" and "Specifications" for the development of the most
advanced "Liquid Democracy" system, solving all the matters you developed
in your post.

- Create a company, or an association, organization, to implement this
software, and if needed, some piece of hardware. All that would be done
according our Pirate values : Open Software, Open Hardware, Free licences
-> The goal would be to create trust, and efficiency for the tool.
Universality !

Our world is in a deep trust crisis. At all levels.

We need trust, and many other mandatory things, but trust is one of the, to
go ahead in our world.

Let's work on that.

Kind regards,

Fred. aka STMAN (@stmanfr)