[pp.int.general] Transparency in the party

thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl
Wed Feb 27 15:03:40 CET 2013

Oh nuances & implementations can be put right - his principle point is
corruption - which can only be fought with transparency. Direct
democracy & free access to internet is also incorporated. These are
exactly the emotional motivators on which pirate parties operate. Sure,
he has some old people's stances on some issues, but then again his
voter base young - and to them he will have to cater eventually. And
sure, you can highlight these differences in implementation and rational
detail, but that's not where the vote is decided. And looking at you
guys and looking at Grillo, when I am concerned about corruption, free
access to internet and direct democracy - well, what do you think?

Copyright, trademarks etc aren't in themselves as interesting as you
make them out to be, that's the professional deformation in which you
have to be able to defend alternatives to the present state of affairs.
What makes them interesting is the structural abuse of democratic rights
and functioning that is required to uphold them and the extend to which
the right holders succeed in this part. And that leads straight back to
the points of transparency, direct democracy and so forth. He is totally
cashing in on the emotions that should fuel your fire, and where there
is popular movement in this direction, even if Mussolini himself
championed it, there is much to be gained before a degree of satisfied
inactivity will return to the general populace.