[pp.int.general] Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide > two projects

Dario i at dario.im
Sat Jan 12 22:39:19 CET 2013

>From Lessig obituary:
http://lessig.tumblr.com/post/40347463044/prosecutor-as-bully

*Please don’t pathologize this story.*

> No doubt it is a certain crazy that brings a person as loved as Aaron was
> loved (and he was surrounded in NY by people who loved him) to do what
> Aaron did. It angers me that he did what he did. But if we’re going to
> learn from this, we can’t let slide what brought him here.

Sincerely, this doesn't look as a "no one understand me" suicide. I ask
everybody to skip theorizing and to do something useful as Patrick started.

Patrick, if I can help, count me on board. I can setup a WP or a static
site for http://live-long-and-prosper.org in my personal server or
wherever, if you want.

2013/1/12 roberto aka robske <evilteddyxl at gmail.com>

> I think this is not purely related to the internet, but to a certain type
> of personality. Just look at history and see how many very talented people
> committed suicide. Its higher than average.
>
> I think antonio hits it spot on. These people are often not understood by
> society, which results in social isolation. And many people can not handle
> social isolation. This is a pattern not just related to the internet or the
> last years.
>
> - robske/kristi
> Op 12 jan. 2013 19:42 schreef "Antonio Garcia" <ningunotro at hotmail.com>
> het volgende:
>
>  Maybe because there is nobody to get help from...
>>
>> ... once you get tired of not being understood by your peers... they are
>> part of the problem, not people with a possible solution.
>>

>> The stigmatizing issue... if for those that stay behind. Those that
>> commit suicide have nothing more to worry about.
>>
>> The only solution is being aware ourselves, and being something of a hope
>> when some is needed.
>>

>> Antonio.
>>
>> ________________________________
>> > Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:32:47 +0100
>> > From: jelena.the.one at gmail.com
>> > To: pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
>> > Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide > two
>> projects
>> >
>> > I just don't understand why people don't seek for help instead, but
>> > really. Depression is light disorder and it can be easily kept
>> > controlled.
>> > We have minister of defense here who has much much worse/ more serious
>> > diagnose, but it didn't stop him to become prime minister also! And ofc
>> > this information is still on a rumor level /though I am convinced
>> > public should know about it, sorry for off-topic/.
>> >
>> > Maybe the problem is in stigmatizing these people?
>> >
>> > Campaign is good thing.  I would love to see it everywhere. Ofc people
>> > suffer but we have to use this all connected world to increase
>> > awareness that they are not alone.
>> >
>> > JJ
>> >

>> > On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Patrick Maechler v/o Valio
>> > <pirate at valio.ch<mailto:pirate at valio.ch>> wrote:
>> > suicide prevention policies
>> >

>> > --

Dario Castañé