[pp.int.general] Who is running this LQFB?

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at pp-international.net
Thu Jan 17 06:53:20 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Thomas Bruderer <
thomas.bruderer at piratenpartei.ch> wrote:

>  Hello,

Ahoy!

> Since a few weeks we get Emails which are pointing to a LQFB instance and
> there are Issues for the next General Assembly.

Actually those are all the ones we didn't have time to vote at the previous
GA, I hoped we could use the entire year to discuss them into a consensus
before we get to do the final vote on them at the next GA instead of
leaving that discussion to the 2 days of GA and once again waste them on
last minute changes and counter motions to change this or that word and
whatnot.

> https://democracy.no-ip.org/unit/show/2.html

Ops, it should already be https://lqfb.pp-international.net now, forgot to
update the URL somewhere, I fixed it now.

> * Who is running these?

Me :)

> * Is this something official?

No, you can refer to my first
message<http://lists.pp-international.net/private/pp-leaders/2012-May/000208.html>about
it.
*"...and knowing that nothing was officially decided there about fixing it,
I nonetheless promised to set up a Liquid Feedback system for the Ordinary
Members of PPI..."*

> * What is the purpose of these?

Referring again to my first
message<http://lists.pp-international.net/private/pp-leaders/2012-May/000208.html>
about
it, and continuing the previous quote* "... so that their opinions and
decisions
can flow to the board using me as a vessel and hopefully inspiring the
others, so that we can abide by the PPI goals as stated in the statutes:
"II. Goals,,(1) The goals of the association are:,a) to act according to
the major interests and goals of its Members,"*
*It can also serve as a tool for preparing, discussing and have preliminary
non-binding votes on statutes amendments and other motions so that when we
reach the next GA all as been agreed upon and we just vote them and not
waste all our time with last minute motions and counter motions written on
the knee to change a paragraph or a word, or to decide if we can actually
do that change, or to decide if we can even decide, or to decide on how we
decide, etc ad nauseam..."*

> * Who should be on that platform?

At least the ordinary members of PPI, for correct quorum calculations in
the "Ordinary Members" unit

> * What should the result be?

The results should be *"preliminary non-binding votes"* for the PPI members
or board but binding to me as a board member like I promised. So far no
ordinary member used it to create initiatives on any issue that I could
bring to the board and request an official vote on which my own vote would
be the result of the LQFB vote on that issue.

> They get a bit annoying especially since the email address it is sent to
> is the general purpose email address for the PP-CH.

I sent several emails (on 14-May-2012, 05-June-2012 and 14-June-2012) to
you international coordinator (at least the one PPI had knowledge of at the
time) in order to get a proper official email registered, none of which got
a reply, by the time of 14-June-2012 I sent it also to the general purpose
email hoping that at least someone would read that one, and by the
19-June-2012, like a proper pirate, I just xangaied that email into the
boat for correct quorum calculations, hoping that someday someone would
read one of the automatic notification emails and eventually replied, seems
that day has come...Welcome aboard! Arrr!!! ;)

> Can we opt-out or AT LEAST change the mail address?

Sure! I'll forward the original email again in case you don't find it in
your email archive, that way you can change whatever you like on that
account, you can also opt-out of the notifications, in case you are not
interested in receiving them. That way you can just ignore it completely
but I will nonetheless keep the inactive account there for correct quorum
calculations.

> Regards,
> Thomas

Pirate regards,