[pp.int.general] The PIRATE ROUTE

seykron seykron at partidopirata.com.ar
Fri Jul 5 21:35:41 CEST 2013

I agree with you in several points: I think real change will come from the
bottom, and I usually argue that a Parliament is the worst place to start
because it's too rigid and fully functional to the Establishment. It's how
things work these times, and it's not possible to introduce high-scale changes
without dealing with the "legal" way, but in my honest opinion it should never
be the main goal of a pirate party.

Regarding your point about a LONG WAY and a SHORT WAY, I think what you name
"SHORT" is not that short, and it's probably longer than the "LONG WAY". No one
is able to suddenly change the society mindset, and anyone who wants to force
social changes will fail unless it uses violence. In the argentinian pirate
party we're discussing about cooperatives and distribution of abandoned
properties as the starting point to build horizontal labour relationships
and spread the culture of friendship and mutual colaboration. But it's not
that easy, it probably cannot be achieved in a "short" time. On the other hard,
we're taking part in the development of a network neutrality law, which is a
parliamentary job and it requires to work together with another parties. That's
not a big deal, but it's something in the middle between do nothing and build
upon unrealistic ideas.

How much is "short" for you?, do you have in mind the steps to carry out what
you consider "the pirate way"?

Matías