[pp.int.general] Why PRISM is not against the law..

john dickinson jrdickinson at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 18:46:57 CEST 2013

________________________________
 From: peter.boehm <peter.boehm at bremen.piratenpartei.de>
To: pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
Sent: Saturday, July 6, 2013 1:11 PM
Subject: [pp.int.general] Why PRISM is not against the law..

My dear Pirates,

this came to my consciousness yesterday:

On the 12th of September NATO invoked "Article 5" of the Nato Treaty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_Treaty#Article_Five
Quote: "This committed each member state to consider an armed attack
against one state to be an armed attack against all states."

Article 5's invokation is described here (content is biased by NATO
spindoctoring):
http://www.nato.int/docu/review/2006/issue2/english/art2.html

So, as every member state of the NATO is in war, normal laws and
whatever can and will be suspended without proper control of the
citizens, as war is a "State of emergency" which justifies everything.

this whole thing sucks, another quote from wikpedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_emergency#United_States
"President Barack Obama extended George W. Bush's Declaration of
Emergency regarding terrorism on September 10, 2009, on September 10,
2010,on September 9, 2011, and on September 11, 2012." - sounds like
Obama extended the state of emergency several times, obviously with much
success.

So.. if i conclude:
1. NATO is in a war against an unknown enemy
2. in times of war, military can spy on everyone
3. PRISM is a project from NSA, and NSA is a military secret agency
therefore: PRISM will stay at least until the "War on Terror" will be
declared as over by NATO.

What a pity. I wish i was not right with this conclusion.

CU, Peter

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net