[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Dario dario at pirata.cat
Fri Jul 12 16:19:08 CEST 2013

2013/7/12 Betiel <betielix at gmail.com>

> What`s the matter if it is leftist or not? The question must be if it will
> be usefull and solve people problems or not. Or if basic incomes should be
> addressed by pirates parties or not. If you see it as a kind of human right
> I believe is a valid pirate topic.

+1

> In Argentina we actually have basic income by law. It would be crazy to
> try to change that, except perhaps to ask for a change in the mount due to
> inflation, so we really do not have discussions about it.
> Personally I believe having a basic income helps to avoid abuses from some
> unethical companies.

Just to know, basic income in Argentina is unconditional?

> 2013/7/12 Zbigniew Łukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com>
>
>> Basic income is often mentioned as point of the pirates program.  Do
>> you think it is a universal thing across all pirate parties - or is it
>> just the German pirates that stand strongly behind it?

Just as universal as direct/liquid democracy. Each party have their own
view (which is great and required because each country is different).

>> Do you think it is leftist?

I don't think so. I found an interesting article about basic income which
describes three trends that can lead to it, and they are pretty neutral:
http://simulacrum.cc/2013/07/10/three-trends-that-push-us-towards-an-unconditional-basic-income/

--
Dario Castañé
Pirates de Catalunya http://pirata.cat