[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Betiel betielix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 16:51:16 CEST 2013

2013/7/12 Dario <dario at pirata.cat>

> 2013/7/12 Betiel <betielix at gmail.com>
>
>> What`s the matter if it is leftist or not? The question must be if it
>> will be usefull and solve people problems or not. Or if basic incomes
>> should be addressed by pirates parties or not. If you see it as a kind of
>> human right I believe is a valid pirate topic.
>>

> +1
>

>> In Argentina we actually have basic income by law. It would be crazy to
>> try to change that, except perhaps to ask for a change in the mount due to
>> inflation, so we really do not have discussions about it.
>> Personally I believe having a basic income helps to avoid abuses from
>> some unethical companies.
>>

> Just to know, basic income in Argentina is unconditional?

All people who is employed must be paid more than the basic income.
We also have some plans for all who do not have a work. In that cases the
mount is variable. It depends of how many children you have, etc, etc.
There are some requisits for obtaining those plans. I really do not much
about them. Perhaps another pirate from argentina would like to explain
this point better.