[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Davidd van Deijk davidd at piratenpartij.nl
Fri Jul 12 19:17:54 CEST 2013

On 07/12/13 18:52, Zbigniew Łukasiak wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Tom Behets <behets at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some days ago, a non pirate told me her idea of the Pirate party.
>> She said pirate party is constantly co-opted by all sorts of leftist
>> interest groups to push their agenda.
>> I feel the same.
>>
>> We should stick to our core issues.
>> If you aim for everything, you get nothing...
>
> So why do you think it is outside of the core issues?  I see it as a
> system simplifying idea - and this feels to me as a very pirate way of
> thinking about the state.
>
> Z.

Why i personally support basic income is:
1. privacy. if it is unconditional you dont have to proof anything to
the state except for living there. very different from benefits where
you have to show a whole bunch of stuff.

2. it frees creative people up to start their own buisness with an
assurance they dont have to starve if the buisness has some setbacks. To
do such a thing properly is nearly impossible if you have to have a
regular job next to it to pay your bills.

3. It gives people a better negotiation position when discussing wages
when accepting a job.

4. "but there will be some members of society that will be unproductive"
- what do you think these people are doing now to get their money? In
other words, this may have positive effects on crime rate as well.

Davidd.

>>> http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/