[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Jul 14 15:46:33 CEST 2013

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    I agree with Travis. What is a reasonable funding source for such a
    program that isn't going to depend on profit from raping the land for
    resources?

If business in general were adequately taxed, there would be no lack
of funds for states to use for many important goals.  The obstacles to
adequate taxation of business are (1) "free trade" treaties and
policies, and (2) tax laws that facilitate offshoring of profits
to escape from taxes.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation