[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Betiel betielix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 13:22:25 CEST 2013

2013/7/18 David van Deijk <davidd at piratenpartij.nl>

> As soon as the oilcompanies fix the impact they have on the environment we
> can abolish oil tax.
>  Oil Tax isnt a fixed amount. If the producer lowers his oil price the tax
> is lower automaticly.
> If the oil producer gives it away for free, no taxes are required.
>
> The market is not deciding the oilprice because there is no real
> competition. The big oil companies are such a cartel that they actually
> _set_ the price for the entire european market. This is called "Brent". Yes
> they feign like there is a market for Brent. without a real competitor how
> can we tell?

I believe the issue is a little bit complicated if we add patents here.
I've heard  the oils and car companies are doing what they need to do to
try to desmoralize some kind of more efficient transport retaining some
patents that would kill their winnings.
I do not have the data about it, so maybe is false.. but it is true, trying
to compensate via taxes won t be completely usefull