[pp.int.general] Fwd: Really now?

Patrick Godschalk patrick.godschalk at piratenpartij.nl
Fri Jun 7 14:39:58 CEST 2013

> Patrick,
>
> Please stop this.
> Believe me, there is no problem, and you are not seeing the reality how it is.

I consider this a problem. The people in this thread in April
also seemed to consider this a problem. That, by definition,
makes it a problem for some people. And since those people are
members of Pirate Parties, you know, the people you as a board
are supposed to help coordinate, that also makes it *your*
problem as a board, whether you like or agree with it or not.

> Since you have posted the DIG output of PPI Dns you should be able
> to interpret the results, instead of making false accusations based on
> misunderstanding. You claim, that there is some problem with the
> website, cause you se some A and AAAA records in the output
> pointing to google. This is however entirely irrelevant for the Website.

Again, I have NO idea how the website is hosted as I've pointed
out in three earlier mails. That also wasn't ever the point, as
the thread was specifically started around the e-mail accounts
on pp-international.net, as you could've deduced from the fact
that I specifically ran dig for MX records.

> You are keeping ranting around, without considering the possibility
> that you might be wrong.

Possibly, but the same could be said about you. Regardless,
this isn't a constructive argument whatsoever and an ad
hominem at best. You seem to be under the impression that I'm
out to 'get you', or 'get PPI'. I'm not. In fact, I have no
strong feelings about you or PPI whatsoever. (Also known as
apathy, which isn't a good position for your members to be
in, but that's a different matter.)

What I *do* care about is the privacy of individuals sending
an e-mail to PPI for any reason whatsoever. Think
journalists, who are in many countries dependent on privacy
for their job and in a few countries, their life. *THAT'S*
why I'm sending this e-mail thread.

> Your initial question was "dig pp-international.net mx" which gives
> you most everything about the MAIL routing to the op-international.net
> domain. It gives you NONE answer for mail routing to other subdomains
> or the WEB lookup.

As I've addressed in my earlier mail, yes, when I mentioned
that this issue is specifically related to the
pp-international.net domain. Not lists.$ or
lists.pirateweb.org. You're sending me an argument I've made
myself in an earlier e-mail. Wut?

> If you have something important to say, that should stay private, use
> some encryption, for goodness sake! otherwise you only have a false
> impression of security.

Okay, yeah. Guys, show's over! Everyone should just make
their own privacy. No need for us anymore, lets all just
assume everyone has the technical know-how to run decent
encryption.

> that is all said. everything else is just mindless ranting and fighting.
> there is no need for this. I am not against you, or anybody inside the
> pirate movement, and we should treat each other with the due respect,
> as we all doing our job out of idealism and entirely voluntarily.

Honestly, I've found your tone more disrespectful than not.
Again, I don't really mind or care, I can take it if it'll
lead to actually getting shit *done*. But whether you're
'against me' or not, lets cut it out with the passive
aggressiveness. I prefer raw hate.

> Yes, we could spend our few resources for migration out from google,
> but then, we would miss them for other projects, and in the end,
> we would only switch from something that is working flawlessly to something
> else, without improving anything or solving any problem.

According to <https://github.com/Pirate-Parties-International>
there are (at least) 168 people with more than enough
experience to set up a simple mail server. Therefore it's not
a matter of volunteers being available. A simple VPS (which is
all that's needed really) will net you under 5$ (or whatever
currency) a month. How much did the Kazán conference cost
again?

Also, what other projects?

--
Patrick Godschalk
patrick.godschalk at piratenpartij.nl
GPG: 86DF FF6F B123 EEF8 AE43 E652 33C0 785F A15F 01AA (SHA-1)
This e-mail is under the CC0 Public Domain Dedication.