[pp.int.general] Fwd: Really now?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 13:31:32 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Pat Mächler
<patrick.maechler at pp-international.net> wrote:
> I have just scanned through the messages.
> I would just put forward a general note.
> The service with GoogleApps was set up out of convenience before the
> Brussels conference. It was the solution that worked instantly for us, was
> usable and did not require a lot of IT work. IMO even though we're a
> political movement that is bound to IT like no other probably, it's actually
> not that easy to get hold of people that are capable of setting up the IT
> *and* are willing to provide the required time in the required time span for
> free.

I kind of agree that this is not an ideal solution - but it is a practical one.

There is the expectation that if there is something non-ideal then it
should be changed immediately by The Board.  This is not realistic and
starting long diatribes explaining why it is non-ideal is
counter-productive, because most of us, and The Board probably as
well, do agree that it is not ideal.

Cheers,
Z.