[pp.int.general] Formal complaint about the administration/moderation of PPI mailing lists

Andrew Norton ktetch at ktetch.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 23:47:38 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Josef Ohlsson Collentine
<international at piratpartiet.se> wrote:
> It's hard to make a "formal complaint" about an informal mail list. As far
> as I'm aware PPI has nothing to do with the moderation of this list. It was
> an international list set up many years ago (I believe before or just when
> PPI was created) by PPSE. Thus it's hosted by PPSE and currently the list is
> run by rick at piratpartiet.se, richie at webhackande.se

Before.
The archives (link at the bottom of every message) shows mail back to
March 2007.
I formally started PPI in September 2008 (it had been run as a very
informal information website run by a partnership between one of the
Swedes (emma, I think her name was) and one of the two people behind
the first attempt at the UK party (whose name was 'andy' iirc) and
when I took that over to mold it into something usable, I took over
the site, but not the list, because that was not run by PPI but, as
you noted, Rick (Olsen, I believe?) at PPSE.

But yes, it often descends into personal attacks, and mud slinging,
rather than even dealing with anything issue-related. Part of that
problem has been the reluctance for many to identify who they're
associated with (party-wise)

Andrew