[pp.int.general] Statutes Amendments - SAP22

pirate at valio.ch pirate at valio.ch
Fri Mar 29 20:38:12 CET 2013

Quoting Davidd van Deijk <davidd at piratenpartij.nl>:
> I dont really understand sap22. what is the actual proposal?

As of now there is no regulation when approved statute amendments come
into effect. Is it right after voting (during the GA)? Is it after the
GA? Is it when they have been published somewhere or accepted by some
PPI organ?

We propose to avoid any future discussions on this AFTER the approval
of statute change by adding a regulation that says that statute
amendments shall come into effect immediately (i.e. right after the
approval by the GA).
This shall be the default mode; except for cases where a statute
amendment is accepted with the explicit notion that it shall not come
in effect unless a certain condition is met: that could be a specific
date, some kind of approval by some PPI organ, a specific condition
like "when PPI becomes a WIPO member" or anything else.
If the GA considers such an option this shall be proposed and
discussed BEFORE voting on the amendment.