[pp.int.general] Pirate Academy / Workshops

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Fri Nov 22 15:46:46 CET 2013

Thijs Markus <thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl> writes:

> For a while now I've been walking around with the idea to set up
> something of a pirate academy.
>
> The basic idea is that we put up a livestream with someone giving a
> workshop regarding an issue, which could be nearly anything, and people
> can tune in, learn, and ask questions. The content could be nearly
> anything: how does one campaign effectively? How does wipo actually
> work? What are the details regarding issue X or Y? There is a lot of
> information sharing which simply doesn't happen effectively between us
> as is, and I hope such a format would help foster it.
>
> So we make a sort of online college room where we can all tune in and
> learn these things from those amongst us who can teach the rest of us at
> a set date. I'm pretty sure everyone here has something to add to our
> collective understanding.
>
> For now, this email is primarily a feeler email: who would be interested
> here in giving such workshops? Who would like to help me set up the
> aforementioned infrastructure? Who has an even better idea of how to
> realise this than the aforementioned online college?
>
> Let's get started doing that bit we're allegedly have international
> co-operation for: sharing knowledge and best practices.

this would be awesome, at ppar we're already planning some workshops on
the tools we use regularly, our principles and understanding of local
laws P)

we haven't started yet, but we usually record+stream the audio using
icecast, this can be done from any notebook running free software on a
home internet connection (aka minimal infrastructure).

--
http://endefensadelsl.org