[pp.int.general] "DRM" terminology in other languages

Daniel Riaño danielrr2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:54:45 CEST 2014

What is, in your opinion, a good translation into your language, of "DRM"?
By "good translation" I understand a translation that's not too narrow, or
too broad, but doesn't necessarily needs to be a word-by-word translation
of "Digital rights management" but a clear designation of the technical
concept.

The conventional translation into Spanish "Gestión digital de derechos" (<
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesti%C3%B3n_digital_de_derechos>), as well as
the translation into many other languages (as per the WP) seems to me to
fall in the the literally fair category (since very close to the English
term) but it is too broad semantically, since "derechos" ("rights") is too
wide a concept for the subset of rights really concerned. Wouldn't "Gestión
digital de copyright" be a best translation? (assuming that you can use
"copyright" as an "internationally accepted" term)