[pp.int.general] Pirate Party from Argentina - General Assembly 2014

Thomas Blechschmidt thomas.blechschmidt at piratenpartei-bayern.de
Wed Dec 10 19:50:51 CET 2014

High Seykron,

I See. Some questions inline.

That is indeed a transformation from federalism to centralism. I'm not familiar with Argentina's Constitution, but I think it is against a federal system. What does your constitutional court or Supreme court think about it? Someone is going to prosecute it on constitutional basis?

>* Provinces can only collect taxes limited to 3% of exploitation. Before
>  the law, provinces had autonomy to put taxes as their will.

Next hack on the same ladder step...

>* National corporations **cannot participate** in fuel exploration or
>  exploitation. It is limited to foreign corporations (!!!)

I did not find that. Where is that? And how does it work? I only saw, that public companies in governmental property cannot participate....
But the question is, if any argentine company has the money to compete with the international financial industry. I doubt that.

The financial industry already made Argentina a cow for anything to fill their accounts Meat, soya, corn, wheat, wood, leather,... With the complete deliverance of natural resources the problem just gests bigger...

>* Foreign corporations will sell fuel in the internal market at
>  international Prices.

??? I don't get that. What is an international price for fuel? Here in Europe, we have a price range for fuel of 1,20 Euro / Liter up to 2,40 euro / Liter, but just over the Mediterranean its 20 cents.

>* Foreign corporations can take away foreign currency from the country
>  without any restriction.

That is for sure. I don't find that in this law. But I don't see the problem. 15 years ago I exported one container with 22 tons of yerba to sell Mate in Germany. What a hack to get it out of the country. I needed to pay tax to export it. But I don't know, why. Does that make any sense? Here you get money from the  government if you export things...

>* Foreign corporations can export 20% of fuel production (60% of
>  maritime production).

Ok, where is the problem? Export oil, diesel, nafta, gas. If there is excess in the country, that is OK. The question is, how to split the profit in a fair way. I didn't find that either, What I found, was a obligation for the sources the companies need to prove they exploit.

>* Permissions are given for 20 years, with automatic renewal without an
>  open tender.

At least you have this restriction. Better than nothing, here 10 years are common. And they have to renew it early. But as in middle Europe there is not much to find, that barely happens. Except coal. Coal digging in Germany not only gets licenses for 40 or 50 years, they also get money to dig it out and burn it down for electricity production, so CO2-emission now grow here instead of being reduced. Even if we already brought down the price for wind-generated electricity to 6 Eurocent / kWh and 9 Eurocent for photovoltaic-electricity our knowledge-resistent establishment still keeps the subsidies for coal-electricity high. This kind of electricity carries production cost of 12 Eurocent / kWh.

>* Foreign corporations don't need any environmental impact study to
>  start operations, and there's no punishment defined for environmental
>  issues.

That ist to bad. The explanations on ambience keeping measures are empty phrases.

>* Aborigine communities live in the exploitation zone and they were not
>  asked to give an opinion about the exploitation conditions. There's a
>  national law that protect these communities and force the governments
>  to ask them before giving exploitation/exploration permissions.

We are aware of what Benetton did in Patagonia with the aborigine land, where they pulled them out to grow their merino sheep flocks to get wool for products those poor people never can buy. We need to get civil society worldwide as close as the financial industry managers are. Otherwise they will enforce their control of our life more and more. Not for reasons of power and influence, just because the market logic of a limitless corporatism tells them to do that. If not, another one will do it and they lose their jobs. It ist the synthesis of hierarchic system, centralized power in a few persons hands, a totalitarian understanding of politics that not only equals communism, it ist superior and the 100% abuse of money accumulation to make sure that enough people follow that system. The perversion of capitalism, the negation of liberalism and the complete sale of any human and civilian rights. I raised in free, liberal capitalistic system. We could work and got enough money to live. This changed the moment, strong financial companies changed the paradigmas and started to convert everything in just a profit issue unit. No more liberalism, perversion of capitalism, negation of social responsibility, and disregard of equality of all human beings. Classification by sex, skin, nationality, age, profession, school degree, whatever. This is not longer acceptable. We need to reinstall basic values: Liberty, (freedom), equality, solidarity as well as human and civilian rights.

>Thanks for your support, it is very appreciated.

Be welcome. We need to prevent this planet from this idiotism. We feel it here in "rich" Europe as well as you do. Just on another level.

Best wishes

Thomas