[pp.int.general] Antonio - do you want to work with us in organizing this movement?

Muriel Rovira Esteva muriel at pirata.cat
Thu Jun 5 21:53:25 CEST 2014

Dear Betiel,

I agree with with you that the CoA doings and undoings concern us all.
However, I don't think this is really the issue here. This matter has been
already thoroughly discussed in the past years several times in this same
list. I think the problem starts when you realise that it's not a
discussion, but just a monologue. Then most people trying to explain their
point of view gets tired of a discussion that they feel useless, and
simply stop arguing.

The claim that the submission of Pirates de Catalunya was filled late, is
completely false. Otherwise, the board wouldn't have accepted it... (and I
must add) obviously.  :P

We submitted a request to change our membership and also proposed several
alternative statutes changes, both. We thought that the statutes were
insensitive to the different realities on how pirates want to (or
can) organise in each state and thought (think) that every pirate community
should be free to organise as they feel it's more efficient (or as their
law allows them to). It was not only about us and the complex reality in
Spanish politics or how we want to organise, there are countries where it
is very difficult to fund a statewide party unless you have first parties
in each region, which makes it virtually impossible for pirates in those
countries to join the PPI as full members, regardless of how active and
successful they are. We wanted to change the statutes to allow
more flexibility for everyone, not only for us.

It was possible to send the membership submission by email to the board or
to fill the wiki directly, and we did the first on the 16th of March of
2012 at 13.41 h, within the standard deadline. During the GA we realised
that we were not called at any point to present our party in front of the
assembly for the voting (although we were doubtful whether they were
counting on us to present or not, because we were already a member, so it
was only a membership change). When we realised that they were not counting
on us, we note it to the board, they realised their mistake and fixed it
immediately.

I will gladly answer in private any questions you might have.

Greetings,

         Muriel