[pp.int.general] Ukraine

seykron seykron at partidopirata.com.ar
Wed Mar 5 19:39:59 CET 2014

It's a very clear and comprehensive report, thank you. I was looking
for this kind of report since several weeks.

> I know the Pirate Party of
> the Ukraine also distributed leaflets and tried to get people out to
> demonstrate with slogans like "I am not pro-Europe, I am just
> anti-corruption, I'm fed up, I need to pay school for my child to get
> education. I am fed up of paying bribes to my doctor to get a medical
> treatment".
I think that Pirate Party position and the call to calm down is quite
hard to defend. I personally agree with that, but to me it is clear
that reasoning is not how large groups of people work, and sadly the
multitude (and their underlying ideology) is who legitimate political
decisions.

The Pirate Party from Argentina emitted a press release about the
Venezuela's situation. We strongly condemned and rejected violence from
both sides, government and extreme-right, and we encouraged people to
go out and pacifically ask for what they think it's a better country.

But people do not work like that.

People read mass media, listen opinions from their partners, eat all
that political crap that takes ideology as a tool to impress and gain
more and more political capital to defend pure selfish interests.

Anyway, I'm happy that other Pirate Parties also have a critical
perspective from these hard times, when the challenge is to not take
part of the political war and try to get closer to people. It's a very
very hard job because people is quite blind, but I'm confident that
finally they will understand that there's a way out from a crisis just
getting involved and empowering social rights expansion, transparency
and control over governments from the bottom.

Matías