[pp.int.general] Invitation PPI Conference Paris 12th/13th of April

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:00:51 CET 2014

On 3/28/2014 6:56 AM, Maxime Rouquet wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:56 AM, Andrew Norton <ktetch at gmail.com
> <mailto:ktetch at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     So you're admitting (...)
>

> I am asking you to follow the Statutes and that is all. We have a
> defined procedure for potential Statutes breaches, with a ruling by a
> judiciary body that will get things closer to a fair trial than
> unproductive exchanges of ad hominem attacks on a public mailing-list.

Ah, I didn't realise I was 'making a ruling' - I wish I'd known I had
such power.

Ok, 3-time-COA-member Maxime who also happens to be the person
"organising" the event, perhaps you can clarify on which topics I AM
allowed to voice an opinion or highlight a problem. I was unaware that
you considered them powered reserved exclusively for the CoA. I will
list a number of actions that I have so-far undertaken, and could you
please tell me which of these I am and am not allowed to do.

Am I allowed to read the statutes?

Am I allowed to reproduce (copy) a section of the statutes?

Am I allowed to contact my party's PPI rep?

Am I allowed to contact PPI reps in other parties?

Am I allowed to ask them questions about the PPI and it's contact?

Am I allowed to read the board minutes?

Am I allowed to read the history logs for various pages on the PPI wiki?

Am I allowed to read emails from officers of the PPI?

Am I allowed to search my email archives?

Am I allowed to search for any other pertinent pieces of information?

Am I permitted to combine al these sources of information to come to an
informed opinion?

Am I permitted to share that opinion with others in a timely manner?

(seriously, if there has been a 'no' anywhere above, we got problems!)

Am I permitted to request an official of the PPI substantiate a claim
with evidence?

Am I permitted to rebut unsubstantiated claimed with referenced evidence?

(again, a no to either of these is a serious problem)

Finally
Is the language in the statutes considered 'English' in so far as the
definitons of the words used match their most common usage, both
linguistically and scientifically? (for instance does the term 'week'
refer to the commonly accepted 7 axial revolutions of the planet earth,
or is it a 'work/business week' [5 revolutions], or a 'shift week' [3].)
This may seem ludicrous to some, but the issue has arisen before,
resulting in 'country' not meaning 'country', but instead meaning
'region of a country'.

And.. oh, hmm, that's what my initial emails consisted of.

On the other hand, things which I have not done include
* Making a public statement that the event is cancelled
* Making an official judgement for the CoA that it was in violation of
the statutes (I don't need to, it's so clear cut everyone can see it)
* Enact, declare or enforce any sort of penalty against any officer or
representative for their actions.
* Ensnare things behind layers of bureaucracy.
* Sanction any official for dishonesty, incompetence, corruption under
colour of office, or moral turpitude.

Those things are, as you rightly pointed out, the function of the CoA.

My entire function was to point out that the statutes had not been
followed and had been significantly broken. I did so in a manner to
bring the attention to all parties as soon as possible, including those
that would have bought tickets as Marco has, as soon as possible so that
they would be fully informed and aware of the risk to the continuation
of the event.

As a bonus, it gave the officials of the PPI a chance to admit, and
correct their mistake (you'll notice I even provided alternatives)
without the potential for sanctions by involving the CoA, and should
certain officials "double down" provide the CoA enough evidence to act
(once members with a conflict of interest have been excused) on their
own under the powers in their rules of procedure.

I look forward to finding out which parts of my email you find infringes
on the powers and authorities of the CoA, and under what circumstances
you take issue with me collecting information, collating it, and then
delivering it to other members.

Andrew