[pp.int.general] Invitation PPI Conference Paris 12th/13th of April

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at pp-international.net
Sat Mar 29 00:35:40 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Andrianos Pappas <adrian.ppgr at gmail.com>wrote:

> If you count that as an announcement, it was saying "5 and 6 of April"
> until December. So one could claim that the announced dates were those.

The actual "announcement" was first made on the PP-Leaders mailing
list<http://lists.pp-international.net/private/pp-leaders/2013-August/000490.html>
(where
member representatives are registered) without specific dates, and then
details and updates follow in due time on the official wiki page which they
can subscribe/watch for changes and be notified automatically. Anyone
interested in the GA or on any info at all related with the PPI visiting
the wiki in the last half a year would be presented with the sitenotice at
the top of every page of the wiki, which on its last revision, as of 26th
of September of 2013, actually half a year and 2 days ago, announces that "The
next PPI Conference is in Paris, April 12th & 13th
2014"<http://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Sitenotice&oldid=361336>

> http://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Conference_2014&oldid=361313
>
> Anyhow, just a wiki page cannot, in most cases, be considered an
> announcement, at least as far as I am concerned.

Every wiki page has that announcement on the top, it is the official wiki
of the official site of the PPI. It is the place where you are supposed to
find the information of everything that relates to the
PPI<http://wiki.pp-international.net/Main_Page>,
it is not "just a wiki page" and it is much more accessible and visible
than digging through the private archive of a mailing list which you must
at least be a member of to even dig if you where not one at the time the
announcement was sent. Also, considering that I asked, no..."announced a
request" for official member contacts 3 weeks ago and only got contacts
from 15 out of 42 Ordinary Members and 1 out of 12 Observer Members (that's
16 out of 54 total members, not even a third), I think that even the
PP-Leaders list is probably as neglected by some members as any official
wiki by you, maybe some of them would even argue that "Anyhow, just a mail
in mailing-list cannot, in most cases, be considered an announcement, at
least as far as I am concerned", we may never know...one thing i know for
sure is that this particular list is not an official list of the PPI (you
can dig that<http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/>),
thus no announcement needs to be done here...savy?

Pirate regards,
Nuno