[pp.int.general] Spain just got 4 elected pirate councillors

Muriel Rovira Esteva muriel at pirata.cat
Wed May 27 12:24:20 CEST 2015

Hello,

>> That in turn depends on what you consider a "pirate" <<

Exactly. And I'm sure this will be different for every person that reads
this thread.  :)

I don't intend to convince anyone of anything. That's why I explained in
detail the different candidatures and posted the links where you can read
the list of requisites, so that everyone can draw their own conclusions
whether those candidatures are pirate or not. As I said, this is very
personal.

>From our point of view, since our goal is to change society, we don't care
so much whether it's a registered pirate bottom sitting in the councils or
whether we convince other people that pirate ideas and practices are a good
idea, and it's them who carry them out. As I said, to me, a person
convinced of pirate ideas and carrying them out is a pirate, I don't need
to give them a "club membership" so that I authorise them to be what they
already are, but I can see how some people may feel differently.  :)

Greetings,

           Muriel