[pp.int.general] (formal) worldwide pirate comitte

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Thu May 24 17:53:48 CEST 2007

Replying briefly:

I agree that it would be great to finalize the Manifesto, which could be
a baseline for future pirate parties. From what I've understood it's
only minor details away from a total consensus in Vienna among the
participants. The problem with voting on it would be -- who would have
the right to vote, and who would not, and why? It's much more legitimate
if the parties there form an alliance around it as a document, and use
it as an inclusion mechanism for new parties going forward.

That could also be one of the basis for "membership" in PPI. (Yikes,
that sounded formal.) What I meant to say was more like... knowing who's
part of the community, and who - for their own good reasons - choose to
do otherwise.

I also agree totally with your vision of the PPI's role. It can't be
"one to rule them all" -- in fact, our politics and platforms work the
exact opposite way :-) so it'd have to be "one responsible for helping
them all, getting the press in touch with the right people, and
connecting pirates around the world". Just having a face for the
movement, so to speak, without formal influence on the national parties.

Rick