[pp.int.general] Program for Berlin

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Jan 19 17:29:42 CET 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Jan Huwald <jh at sotun.de>
Enviado: sábado, 19 de enero, 2008 10:40:23
> The wiki is a wiki, so feel free to and/or change stuff.
>
> But I'll recommend not to determine the schedule too fine grained,
 because our discussion will drift away towards what
> we (as a group) think is the
 most important and not neccessarily towards what individuals prepared.

Yes, it's OK for me and others to add discussion points to the schedule wiki page; simply I wanted to find out common interests about what to discuss before editing the wiki -precisely to avoid unappropriate wiki modifications with so few days remaining to the beginning of the Conference-.

Anyway, how to find out what we (as a group) think, if we don't previously know what the individuals (the national parties) think? Dialogue uses to be the best way to get individuals closer; I know that you agree, as you propose in your mail to show each party's stances and compare all of them :) OK to not excessively fine graining the schedule -due primarily to the lack of time, as you comment later-, though as you also comment later in your mail some specifications would be recommendable.

> I also think that the manifest is too big to discuss on a weekend - we
 should focus an disucssing how to finish the
> manifest (decision-making) and
 the many other howtos (European pirate party).

Well it seems reasonable :) Then we can first define the decision-making procedures and, later, work with the manifesto -rather than finishing (it sounds like that manifesto were the official draft) would may be preferable to talk about developing and completely evaluating-. Of course a weekend may be not enough time for the manifesto, then ... we may create a group -kind of online constituent assembly- to work on it after the Berlin Conference and during the 6-month gap between Berlin and Uppsala -to make possible that in Uppsala we would may have the first chance to pass a definitive manifesto-.

> For preparation we can ask every party to prepare their stance on key
 issues like

> 1. programmatical development and the no-other-issues-issue
> 2. pereferred relation to an European Pirate Party (regarding party
 members, finances, decisions, subordinating, ...)
> 3. coordination of international _work_ (not decisions) between
 conferences
> 4. what else?
>
> and compare them, like we compare the progress each party has made.
 This would ease the following discussion by
> detecting differences and
 similarities

It's OK for us :) When would it be discussed? I mean, it may be too many contents for just three hours on saturday afternoon -unless we just use saturday afternoon for the third of your points (which by the way perfectly fit); the second one would may also fit but ... not sure about how would we handle that two points in just three hours-; and though we have four more hours at sunday morning for the first point -not seems to fit in the saturday morning session-, you put in the schedule wiki page that "some people might be departing already during this session". If this issue -in which sessions allocate those points- is solved I would gladly dare to include the points you propose in the wiki :) Regards

                                                                                       Carlos Ayala
                                                                                       ( Aiarakoa )

                                                                Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

Web Revelación Yahoo! 2007:
Premio Favorita del Público.
http://es.promotions.yahoo.com/revelacion2007/favoritos/