[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: two days remaining for proposal of amendments

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 7 07:36:21 CET 2008

De: Christian Hufgard <christian.hufgard at piratenpartei-hessen.de>
Enviado: viernes, 7 de noviembre, 2008 7:01:14

> * I found amendments one to ten, but they seem to be all from germany. Where are the others?

Sixth Amendment is from PIRATA. Theoretically, Piraattipuolue and Parti Pirate are going to present amendments within the following two days -according to Valentin Villenave and Anton Taaminen-.

> * Is there any reason to get in a hurry? Shouldn't we take enough time, to create a manifesto that
> must not be updated in a year, because most pirates have not read it and it is not even fully
> translated to all national languages?

Regarding translations, maybe Piratpartiet, Piraattipuolue,
Piratpartiet Danemark, Piratenpartij and Partia Piratow think that
current First Draft versions are enough to work with; I don't know the
reasons of those parties for not having translated First Draft into
their home languages, they are far more suitable than me to answer that
issue.

Regarding hurry ... define hurry. I mean: this procedure started in January; effectively started in July; State Two started 1st of September -that gave us more than two months, i.e., 69 days- to propose amendments; it's not like we have only had this week to make amendments, this has been a several months lasting process, specificly a more than two months lasting amending process, and deadlines were agreed before starting the procedure.

Actually, few people justified the Uppsala Declaration in this list thing because of supposedly being in a hurry -in june- regarding 2009 EU Election; now -in november-, would it really make sense to take more time, specially considering that last PPI Conference before EU Election is scheduled 30th Jan-1st Feb? We still need to debate about a common platform for EU Election; should we guess that, before agreeing a joint platform, we should agree a common set of principles?

Jens said in his mail that "the only one which is legitimated to decide on such issues for the german party is me. The german board confirmed this decision again on 4.9.2008". I have no objection to that, as it's an inner PPDE issue; however, from 4.9.2008 to today's 7.11.2008 we have a more than two months gap, that makes me ask this: have PPDE used these nearly two months -plus an additional week, making more than two months- to think which parts of First Draft, if any, should be amended? If the answer is no, then this is not a matter of hurry.

However, remember that you still have two remaining days to develop your amendments :) Regards

                                                                   Carlos Ayala
                                                                   ( Aiarakoa )

                                              Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

P.S.: By the way, I guess -as there are no Piratpartiet amendments- that Swedish pirate party fully agrees with First Draft. If I'm right, I'm quite glad; if I'm wrong, remember you still have two days to propose your amendments.