[pp.int.general] Let us organize a study session!

gabriel luis g.luisfranchy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 10:45:07 CEST 2009

Hi all,
think it is a great idea to put up meetings. On the other hand I
think that meetings needing more time and input (request for public fundings
and other types of tecnocracy) that...Well it is too pesimistic to say that
the input is gonna be higher in qualitative and quantitative terms than the
output, but in my experience until now this is usually the case.
What do you think about creating a central party board? I have observed
until now that the decission-making of the party is kind of splittered,
since everybody acts from inside border levels. Obviously borders play a
role in policy making but I think pirates shouldn´t commit the same mistakes
like other (european) parties -whereas pirates have also a Chile-based
branch- failing in border based policy making. What about being a true
borderless party? Is it pure utopia? Would it be possible to move the seat
of the party from one country to another? What about using mailboxes to be
checked by local pirate-members? What about a central online bank
account for activists to get funds directly?
I think keeping the levels of burocracy-tecnocracy to the lowest levels
possible makes transparency also easier to achieve.
Al this implies a certain level of trust. In Germany it is said that
"trusting is good, but controlling is better". Some keywords

Central party office (pirata.eu?), lobbying in Brussel for wireless
inet-access, for legalization, for deintermediation in policy making,

I fetch the next coffee
See ya
Gabriel