[pp.int.general] Democracy in PPI

Patrick Mächler patrick.maechler at pp-international.net
Sun Jan 17 19:21:34 CET 2010

The idea of PPI exists since 2006; the domain registration and the
message board date back to then. AFAIR it was created during Rick
Falkvinge's "Road to Europe" tour.

In August 2009 former PPI coordinator Andrew Norton stepped down,
after looking unsuccesfully for a succession for months. [1]
Back then I tried to come up with a solution, since I saw that it was
impossible to keep up with PPI as a single person. [2]
I was backed up there by Andrew and board members of PP-DE, PP-AT,
PP-FR and PP-CH (and PP-NL if you count Samir who later became
Co-President with me[3]).

This was never meant as a permanent solution; the aim of it was always
to arrange a PPI conference, so that there would be a real board
election.

Over time a lot of the original coreteam guys left it.
All new coreteam members since then were approved by the respective
current coreteam members.

[1] http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2009-August/003775.html
[2] http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2009-August/003789.html
[3] http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2009-August/003948.html