[pp.int.general] Nederland Elections?

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Mon Jun 14 14:26:14 CEST 2010

We can cooperate to create a best practice's guide to organize an
electoral campaign, so we don't need to start re-inventing the wheel on
every country. This is a good PPI task. (provide organization schemas,
timeline examples, milestones and tracking,  links to marketing and
advertisement knowledge... debate techniques, how and when to contact
media and so on)

So, all that required by a political party running an election campaign :D

A Wiki page looks reasonable and will make it possible to extend it.

This way we can achieve improved election results whilst still being a
volunteer-based political organization.

Al 11/06/10 16:13, En/na Nicolas Sahlqvist ha escrit:
> Wesley,
>
> It is good to learn from your mistakes, but it is not your fault that
you had an extremely short preparation time of a little over 3 months
(111 days) due to the unforeseen collapse of the Dutch cabinet on the
20th of February:

> http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/02/cabinet_collapses_as_labour_pu_1.php
>
> I think we should also learn by our successes so let's look at there
positive track record. In the week that followed the collapse of the
cabinet, the Dutch Pirates (Piratenpartij) came up from there dormant
rest and first questioned there chances of even being able to
participate. They decided at the end of February that it was better to
take the chance then letting it pass:

> http://lists.piratenpartij.nl/pipermail/algemeen/2010-February/000087.html
>
> There activity practically exploded within the party and on the 4th of
March they asked for donations on a international front for a total of
12200 Euro in order to officially register the party and participate in
the elections:

> http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2010-March/006086.html
>
> It proven much more effective to get local donations and they worked
hard on getting there administration properly setup (setting up the
board, electing a chairman, starting weekly national meetings AFK etc.)
+ meetings online and on the 11th they officially registered the party:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxW5WR39BNA
>
> They worked hard on enforcing there local, youth organisation and
activist movement. The election campaign always had highest priority and
several excellent campaign clips were made, with the last one from a
established artist promoting there message in his video / song:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPLJJO9w5M
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdvHpLXIyM
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_yPvdSZYlk
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvFqUchqToU
>
> There activity sent such shock waves through the movement and Rickard
Falkvinge, the founder of the first pirate party (Piratpartiet in
Sweden), visited the Netherlands on the 7th of June to give them a boost
and follow there potentially historical success on site:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqeGCr5RD2Y
>
> So why did they not get a seat?
>
> It takes a lot of time to get our issues into the non pirate members
head as the lady in the clip mentioned. She was unsure what
Piratenpartij stood for since there message had not reached her. I am
not too surprised since I even meet people in Sweden who signed up for
Piratpartiet believing it was just some online community and others that
was not aware that they could vote for Piratpartiet in the upcoming
election on the 19th of September.

> The established parties driving issues like job, childcare, healthcare,
security and environment etc. have a commercial propaganda machine
driving TV channels and newspapers that we are struggling with activists
to beat. The Dutch pirates only had 111 days to get it rolling so it
would have been a miracle to get a seat to be honest, but everyone in
the movement were still hoping for it although it is normal for pirate
parties to get a fraction of a percentage in there first election. It is
however necessary to keep on the track and it motivates activists to
start up parties around the globe.

> I hope that Piratenpartij will not allow itself to get dormant again
and forget all the potential activists among the 10413 voters (0.1%).
They now have to find those activists in order to boost the movement to
get there message out long before the next election that will probably
be in just a couple of years rather then 4 years considering the
stability of the last two coalitions in Netherlands:

> http://www.verkiezingensite.nl/tk2010/
>
> We pirates need to be seen more, not just be on the streets a few
months before the elections, rather promote our ideas through all
channels available to us in the logical and physical world as much as we
can or we will end up becoming forgotten long before the next election
comes up. We need to discuss how to get our message out, the importance
of all our communication channels such as being seen on the streets,
letters to news editors, opinion articles and blogs etc. We are rather
good with the later ones while many of us tends to be a bit anti-social
nerds so kinda shy of meeting people and there arguments in the physical
world so I tend to think this is where we need to improve our
communication skills in order to expose our message.

<mailto:wesley at schwengle.net>> wrote:

> On 06/10/2010 05:08 PM, Raymond Häb wrote:
> > Partido Pirata Argentino schrieb:
> >> how did it go?
>
> > 0.1% (10.413)
> > http://www.verkiezingensite.nl/tk2010/
>
> http://depiratenpartij.wordpress.com/2010/06/10/to-fail-or-not-to-fail-piratenpartij-2-0/
>
> I hope to be able to post a more detailed overview of the Dutch campaign
> so all of you can learn from our mistakes.
>
> Cheers,
> Wesley

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
<mailto:pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net>