[pp.int.general] pp.international.general Digest, Vol 49, Issue 3

Josef Ohlsson Collentine josef at collentine.com
Wed Mar 2 13:32:21 CET 2011

Getting very tired of the personal attacks and non-sense one word replies
spamming this mail-list. Creates a bad interchange of ideas/information and
kills any chance of having a proper discussion in here. Has been going on
for way too long now.

I agree with Richard and was about to write something similar when I first
saw the speech comment. You may agree or disagree with what he has to say
but discuss it related to the text at least. Starting to attack people for
how they formulate themselves and straying away from the topic does not help
the conversation. Defending someone else is bad as well and doesn't lead
anywhere (Boris, Maxime) If you want a conversation about that then take it
personally with the other person... The same goes with one word replies
approving a message not leading the conversation forward.

*So my suggestion for checking yourself before you "spam" this list with a
reply is:*
*1. Is my reply related to the topic of the thread?*
*2. Does it lead the discussion forward in some way?*
*-----*
*
*
*And back to my reply I first intended to write: *
The WIPO director general may still use the negative term "intellectual
property" but he does recognize that the system can't keep working like it
has always done and needs a mayor over-haul. I believe we can probably never
work together since we're at opposite sides of the issue but being 'closed
for discussion' won't bring any side closer. Another positive side is that
even the director general of WIPO admits a need for change, normal people
should be even easier to convince of this.

/josef

---
PPSE and global
*