[pp.int.general] Moderated PPI discussion list

Anouk jakobsheep at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 10:01:41 CEST 2013

Hi Frederic,
answered inline.

On Jun 17, 2013 8:33 AM, "Frédéric JOUVIN" <frederic.jouvin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Antonio.
>
> I am here to bring you my full support, from my PP FR personnal disaster
experience.

> I loved particularily loved one of your declarations :
>
> "PPI is becoming another damn USA governmentlike corporate entity,
counting on all the children to unwittingly make up the big controlled
mass."

> I've read some of your emails, and mostly agree with all what you are
stating.

I hope you have read I support him from the very beginning although I
disagree with some of the language used or personal attacks (even when
relevant)

> Regarding the most important problems I saw in France at PP FR is that
they are good at :

> - Spending all their energy and time in doing things that will not change
the future at all, not even help spreading our voice and values. Indeed,
every time somebody wants to build a project that could have an impact on
something, this guy is charged by a clearly "nasayer" identified group that
will pull it out of the party.

People leave too often too soon, there are mostly also ego-problems here !
If it were up to me I would start a commitee (equipe) of Opposition
/inside/ the PP-FR. I did propose it but it is still (too) difficult for
most pirates to function really 'outside the box'.

> - Too much infiltrations from some governement agencies into the party
itself, so much that real cypherpunks and hacktivists are clearly adviced
not to go to the PP FR if they do not want to get into serious troubles.

This will always happen, that is why it is called secret service.
You run away, they follow when again a critical mass is reached.

> - They clearly did all what they could to in the end not support bradley
manning, assange, etc. They hardly fake their support to the cypherpunk
values and goals. They never want to really support any true hacktivists
event. They don't like the Anon familly and so on. I had to fight like
nobody could believe about bradley manning.

Here is a problem of priorities, what is more important, the internal
cohesion or the public exposure.
In my view there is a clear problem on how an organisation can / should
function 'organicly'.
I put it like this, the bureaucratic structure is rigid like the bones
(sceleton) and gives strength and rigid trust (the internal rules).
The workgroups (equipes) are like the flesh around the bones in contact
with the external world and yes, actually doing 'the job'. But the PP is a
/political/ structure, NOT an action/protest association. Here I notice a
misunderstanding / confusion on your side IMO.

> - They don't want to talk about philosophy and values of the cypherpunks.

I hope I am not included in this 'vision'. If there is one thing people
accuse me of, it are my philosophies and ethics that makes me unpopulair
with some pirates !

> To me, they defend the current system and statut quo, and they don't give
a fuck about cypherpunks and crypto-anarchists values and revolution.

> And yes, to me, it's leading to nowhere.
> They are here just to make people loose their time.

Life is the art of losing time, how one loses it is a matter of personal
opinion. 'loosing time' is also called 'learning from mistakes' or simply
karma. Lower your expectations on your fellow men. Some of us are further
ahead then others. What is obvious for you is not neccesary obvious for
others. Deal with it.

> Of course, they are some real and honnest pirates in this party, but it's
like they have lost influence, and power, and they can't spread the good
words and love in this party any longer.

Call me a dreamer, "Imagine"- John Lennon.

Do what you feel and think is the best to do, I like you and your opinion.

Have a nice day,
Anouk